Organization: German Red Cross
Closing date: 23 Oct 2019
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently looking for an experienced Project Delegate (m/f/d) to oversee the implementation of its programme activities in Pakistan. The programme is implemented together with the Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) throughout Pakistan, with a focus on Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Duration: 12 months (as of the 1st of December 2019) with possible extension
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan (with frequent travel to the field)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead and manage the Project Team;
- Maintain comprehensive project management including finance and administration that makes sure all donor requirements are met on time;
- Ensure Reporting according to donor and GRC requirements in a timely manner;
- Proactively involve and coordinate with relevant stakeholders and other organisations;
- Support the identification, development and writing of proposals to donors (EU ECHO, German Federal Ministries, etc.);
- Ensure an M&E system is maintained and regularly follow-up;
- Act as technical mentor for local staff and volunteers.
- Profound working experience in the fields of WASH, community-based interventions, DRR, preparedness, protection;
- Well experienced in managing donor-funded projects (particularly AA and BMZ), leading teams, project planning, M&E, administration as well as financial controlling;
- Excellent social competence, flexibility and team building skills;
- Ability to train and guide local staff and community volunteers (e.g. M&E);
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills to represent GRC at all levels;
- Readiness to work in remote areas;
- Readiness to work, live and travel in an insecure environment, following our strict security guidelines at all times;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
- Oral and written fluency in English, German is of advantage;
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’;
- Valid Driving Licence.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation in Islamabad. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
How to apply:
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 23 October 2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-137 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/