Organization: Voluntary Service Overseas
Closing date: 01 Sep 2019
Social Accountability Advisor
Application Closing Date:18 Aug 2019
Start date: ASAP
The Social Accountability Advisor will build up and retain capacity for social accountability programming within the organization.
* Bachelors or Master’s degree in Governance or a related discipline of social science, with proven affinity of social awareness.
* Experience with reviewing current development programmes on governance and social accountability and identifying areas for improvement.
* Knowledge and practice of social accountability tools and processes such as community scorecards, participatory budgeting and social audits etc.
* knowledge and or practice of political economy analysis to support accountability programme design would be a strong asset.
* Experience in facilitating citizen-state engagement and dialogue
* Understanding of participatory approaches to working with community development
* Strong understanding of rights-based approach to development
* Recognition of the role of power and politics(vested interests) in constraining locally-led change
* Understanding of evidence-based influencing and advocacy
* Strong listening and observation skills
* Good facilitation skills using participatory processes and techniques
* A commitment to community-led processes of social change
* Willingness to learn and unlearn
* Self – aware and reflective
* Ability to step back and allow others to lead
* Experience of working abroad
* Experience of working in Pakistan or South Asian context
* Contextual awareness of SA issues in the area
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
How to apply:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cGludGhhcmFjaGFuLjI5NjA1LjM4MzBAdnNvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ