Organization: Relief International
Closing date: 05 Sep 2019
Position: Operations Officer (Admin/ IT Support) – for local national only, Pakistani
Reports to: Logistics / Operations Manager
Location: Islamabad , Pakistan
The Operation Officer functions as a support to Country office Administration, government Liaison, and IT support. He/she is responsible for ensuring quality systems are established and functional in keeping with RI Standards, local laws, and under the guidance of the Operation Manager.
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Administration and Government Liaison
- Oversee administration functions such as reception, office consumables, storeroom management, etc.
- Assist Country Director (CD), in scheduling appointments and meetings, making travel arrangements, including booking flights, Prepare for meetings, take minutes, generate reports, create presentations, filing and conduct research where required
- Screen phone calls and keep up to date contact information of all key contacts, including donors, embassies, non‐government organizations, government ministries, emergency numbers, etc.
- Support RI staff to ensure the timely process of MOU renewals and program/travel NOCs as required.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of all programs, MOUs, NOCs, etc.
- Keep up‐to‐date on specific visa requirements, and prepare all visa cases for Pakistani staff and expatriates
- Regularly check facilities and account for any issue and resolving and fixing it.
- Ensure office compliance to global IT policy and procedures, standard equipment and licenses
- Utilize the IT support ticketing system to troubleshoot users’ computer problems, determine sources of issues, and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Support in‐country RI staff to access IT‐managed services, and setup new users’ accounts and assist users to maintain active profiles throughout IT‐managed systems
- Follow the RI Computer Standards to install and configure computer operating systems and all RI software
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance to ensure all local computers are up‐to‐date with important software and system updates
- Perform regularly scheduled network equipment maintenance to ensure office networks are running smoothly
- Maintain other networked equipment, including but not limited to: printers, scanners, VoIP phones, power generators, and web conferencing systems.
- Monitor and respond to security alerts associated with local users in the Cisco Threat Response Portal.
- Ensure all the local devices are free of virus/malware and the protection agents are up‐to‐date
- Coordinate with Cyber Security Working Group to respond to any cyber‐attacks targeting local users or devices.
- Assist Operation Manager in Procurement Proceedings
- Preparation of RFQs
- Ensure Procurement Tracking Sheet is well maintained and accounted for
- Procure all requested items promptly to facilitate program and operational needs.
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Transport, Travel & Fleet
- Assist in the management of vehicle fleets is in line with RI standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Keeping track of fuel consumption of RI Office, guesthouse and vehicles
- Ensure that all transported goods have the appropriate documentation, e.g., waybills, receipts and that all inventories and stock lists are updated at the receiving and sending ends, per RI field procedures. Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Assets and Inventories
- Manage and keep track of IT inventory for Pakistan offices
- Ensure a centralized asset register is maintained; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets, manage a tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique RI asset number, ID tag, and are tracked.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Frequent travel to field/country office
Qualifications & Requirements:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast‐paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in administrative positions and IT preferably with NGOs;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- English and Urdu are required;
- Strong English writing skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Expertise in all aspects of operational management, including planning, project management and problem‐solving
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills; strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities, and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
Please submit your application package here: