Organization: Relief International
Closing date: 05 Sep 2019
Position: Logistics / Operations Assistant (for local national only – Pakistani)
Reports to: Logistics / Operations Manager
Location: Peshawar, Pakistan
The Operation Assistant functions as a support to Field Office operations that require management of logistics and associated documentation for essential operations systems. He/she is responsible for ensuring quality systems are established and functional for, procurement systems, stock supply management, and transportation, in keeping with RI Standards, local laws, and under the guidance of the Operation Manager. The Operation Assistant supervises Peshawar Office support staff: cook, cleaner, guards, and drivers.
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Operation Manager in Procurement Proceedings
- Procure requested program and program support items, in accordance with the RI Operations policy and procedure, making every effort to obtain the lowest price and highest quality of items for RI programs.
- Preparation of RFQs
- Ensure Procurement Tracking Sheet is well maintained and accounted for.
- Ensure refreshment, and stationery are purchased on a monthly basis
- Procure all requested items in a timely manner to facilitate program and operational needs.
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Assets and Inventories
- Ensure inventories are fully accounted for and maintained in a secure place
- Ensure a centralized asset register is maintained; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets, manage a tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique RI asset number, ID tag, and are tracked.
- Ensure annual (or bi‐annual) asset checks are completed; damage and losses are reported immediately.
- Ensure assets are functional
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Transport, Travel & Fleet
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with RI standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure transport services are cost‐efficient and reliable.
- Ensure systems are in place to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff travel
- Keeping track of fuel consumption of RI Office, guesthouse and vehicles
- Ensure that all transported goods have the appropriate documentation, e.g., waybills, receipts and that all inventories and stock lists are updated at the receiving and sending ends, per RI field procedures. Ensure efficient filing system is devised
- Supervise cook, cleaner, guards, and drivers.
- Ensure Drivers, cooks, and cleaners are trained and ensuring facilities for office, and guest house are operational and in compliance with procedures
Administration / Facilities management – All properties including office, warehouse(s)
- Oversee administration functions such as reception, office consumables, storeroom management, etc.
- Coordinate with other staff members to ensure field Office are kept safe, adequately equipped, are maintained at the highest standards of hygiene, and supplied as per RI Pakistan Operation Standards.
- Ensure being on call beyond working hours to troubleshoot any urgent matter in office.
- Regularly check facilities and account for any issue and resolving and fixing it.
- Assist Operations Manager/ Officer in Local Government liaison including facilitating in local registrations, travel permissions, etc.
- Provide efficient support to all logistical matters of different departments within RI.
- Work in close collaboration with Operations Manager and other members of the RI team; sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Liaise with the government, UN, and other agencies as necessary.
- Comply with all relevant RI policies and procedures concerning child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Frequent travel to field/country office
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supply chain management, including procurement, administration transport, warehouse, and stock management.
- Bachelor Degree from a Government recognized Institute/ University in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field preferred
- Experience in managing Office/ Project startup/ closeouts.
- Experience working with the following donors: USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Expertise in all aspects of operational management, including planning, project management and problem‐solving
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills; strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities, and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
Please submit your application package here: